Travel quotes have the ability to say so much with just a few words.
Some evoke a sense of urgency in us to act on our dreams, while others push us to rearrange our priorities – towards making memories instead of chasing stuff and material items. It’s not wrong to chase some stuff, but too much stuff can distract you from your dreams and purpose.
So, let’s get going and look at these inspiring 100 best quotes and saying. Feel free to share them with friends and family:
1. Nothing on earth can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goals; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude – W.W. Ziege
2. Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller – Ibn Battuta
3. Try not to compare yourself to others, you don’t have to follow the crowd – Unknown
4. He is only bright that shines by himself – George Herbert
5. Hitch your wagon to a star – Emerson
6. If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might be better stay home – James Michener
7. One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things – Henry Miller
8. The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes – Marcel Proust
9. Jobs fill your pocket, adventures fill your soul – Jaime Lyn Beatty
10. Travel brings power and love back to your life – Rumi
11. Never take advice from someone you wouldn’t trade places with – Kelly Clarkson
12. Our old older, Our new newer,
Our kind kinder –
Welcome to Japan. – The sign of Makita Power Tools, Greeting Arrivals in Osaka Airport taken from Pico Iyer’s book The Lady and the Monk
13. Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become your habits.
Watch your habits; they become character;
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. – Author Unknown
14. Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we will find it not – Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step – Lao Tzu
16. For this is the journey that men make, to find themselves. If they fail in this, it doesn’t matter much what else they find- James Michener
17. Never underestimate your ability to learn and adapt quickly – and don’t waste your time fretting about every possibility that might come your way on the road. Simple courage is worth far more than detailed logistics and a confident, positive, ready-to-learn attitude will make up for any travel savvy your lack at the outset – Rolf Potts from Vagabonding
18. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great – Mark Twain
19. Some men see things as they are and say why; I dream things that never were and say why not? – George Bernard Shaw
20. Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry – Jack Kerouac
21. The open road is the school of doubt in which man learns faith in man – Pico Iyer
22. I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list – Susan Sontag
23. Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore – Andre Gide
24. There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars – Jack Kerouac
25. Travel can be a kind of monasticism on the move: On the road, we often live more simply, with no more possessions than we carry, and surrendering ourselves to chance. This is what Camus meant when he said that “what gives value to travel is fear” – disruption, in other words (or emancipation), from circumstance, and all the habits behind which we hide – Pico Iyer from Why We Travel