I remember when I first got an external battery.
It was a game changer. Although it’s capacity was a mere 3000 mAh, it saved me several times while traveling.
Fast forward to today – I’ve been testing the EasyAcc 20,000 mAh monster of a power bank. The EasyAcc is one of the largest capacity external batteries you can find on the market today and it has a whopping 20000mAh – meaning it can recharge your iPhone 6s around 7-8 times! With this battery pack, you’ll have power for your USB charged devices no matter where your are in the world.
Read more: What does mAh mean?
Here are my thoughts on the external battery:
- Massive 20,000 mAh capacity, can recharge an iPad twice and an iPhone several times
- High output, recharges devices quickly
- 4 output USB ports, you can charge 4 devices at the same time
- 2 input micro USB ports allow you to charger the battery pack faster
- Bright built in flashlight
- Inexpensive ($36 on Amazon.com)
The stand out feature of this external battery is by far it’s capacity. You’d be hard pressed to find one larger than the EasyAcc Monster. This battery is like a portable wall charger. If you’re traveling or off the grid, the 20,000 mAh is good enough to last you several days. Take a look at this post about mAh and how it pertains to your gadgets.
You can turn on the flashlight by double pressing the power button. Honestly I felt the built in flashlight was a bit unnecessary, but it doesn’t take up much extra space.
At the side of the EasyAcc battery, you’ll find two micro USB sockets. These are for recharging the battery. You can use both sockets simultaneously to charge the battery faster. It still takes around 12 hours or less to fully recharge the battery, but that’s alright considering how large capacity it is. The ability to use two input cables at the same time really cuts down on the recharge time. If you’re traveling, recharge the battery pack the night before and in the morning your battery should be full and ready to go.
The external battery also has 4 output USB sockets. I’ve been able to charge 3 iPhones and an iPad all at the same time.
The external battery is easy to use:
- To charge a device, plug it’s charger into the USB socket.
- To tell how much battery life is left in the battery, press the power button and LED lights on the side of the pack will light up according to the amount of power still in the pack
- To recharge the external battery, use both of the included micro USB cords to plug the battery into a wall socket
- Big and heavy compared to smaller power banks (weighs around 1lb)
When you’re dealing with a 20,000 mAh battery, the main issue is size and weight. The EasyAcc Monster power bank weighs around 1 pound and is 6.57 inches long, 3.15 inches wide and 0.87 inches thick. To put the size in perspective, it’s about the same width of an iPhone 6s Plus, a tad bit longer than an iPhone 6s Plus and a lot thicker than iPhone 6s Plus. (Almost 1 inch thick.)
Considering the capacity, the size is reasonable.
The size is definitely feasible and not a problem if you’re vacationing or traveling with a suitcase, but if you’re an ultra-light packer, you might want to consider a smaller battery pack, like the 10000mAh Anker Astro external battery.
Overall, the EasyAcc Monster 20000mAh power bank is a great travel gadget that will come in handy whether you’re in the airport or trekking in Peru. The large capacity can keep all your gadgets charged is just like bringing a wall outlet with you everywhere you travel.
Where to Get It:
- You can find the EasyAcc Monster 20,000 mAh external battery on Amazon.com for around $35
- And on EasyAcc.com
What are your thoughts? Leave a comment below.
The EasyAcc Monster 20000mAh Power Bank was provided for this review. As always, this EasyAcc Monster 20000mAh Power Bank review contains only my honest views and opinions. 🙂 Find out more about me and this site here.