I’ve always wondered how Jony Ive, Apple’s legendary designer, feels when he views customers with bulky rugged cases on the iPhones he slaved to make sleek and beautiful.
I can’t imagine putting hours, if not years, into shaving millimeters off of a design, just for consumers to slap on an unsightly, thick case to your creation. True, iPhones are quite vulnerable when case-less, but most cases add significant bulk and detract from the original design.
There are a lot of rugged iPhone cases out there, but I think, the Lander Powell Case is one Mr. Ive would approve of.
With it’s streamlined yet protective design, the case preserves the original beauty of the iPhone while adding another layer of protection. The Lander Powell case is made of both rigid (the clear parts) and slightly flexible, rubbery materials (the dark grey parts).
I’ve tested the Powell Case in the clear/black model on my gold iPhone 6s Plus. Here are my thoughts:
- Sleek design
- Protects the corners and back
- Rubberized sides make the case easy to grip, but still smooth enough to slide in and out of your pocket
- Makes your phone easy to fit in your pocket
- Easy access to ports and headphone jack
- Buttons (i.e. volume, power) are protected and easy to press
I really like how the case has a translucent back, showcasing the iPhone’s gold body.
The back of the case is subtly ridged, described by Lander as “inspired by reinforced steel containers”. (Think of a Hamburg Süd shipping container on a very small scale.) From my testing and usage, the ridges don’t serve much practical purpose, but they add another aesthetic dimension making the case all the more kenspeckle. You could say ridges give you a bit of tactile feedback when holding the phone.
- The front is exposed, if you drop your phone screen first, you could crack or scratch your screen
The bezel on the Lander case is raised, so if you were to drop the phone front first on one of it’s corners, the screen would most likely be safe, however when using the Lander Powell case, you might want to get a screen protector just to be safe.
The Lander Powell case is a well designed iPhone case that adds protection while remaining thin and unobtrusive. The case has a rugged feel great for adventure travelers, yet is sleek enough for even business travelers.
Lander Powell iPhone Case Ratings
Where To Get It:
- You can find the Powell case for both iPhone 6/6s and iPhone 6/6s Plus on Lander.com.
- As with almost anything, you can also get any one of the Powell cases on Amazon.com.
What are your thoughts on the Lander Powell Case? Leave a comment below.
The Lander Powell iPhone Case was provided for this review. As always, this Lander iPhone case review contains only my honest views and opinions.